If you are in 7th grade or above, you are invited to embark on an exciting adventure learning about God, walking with Jesus Christ, and confirming your faith!
At Christ Church we run a two-year, appointment-based confirmation program that typically starts at 7th grade – though we do often have many older students as well. Despite Christ Church’s continuing growth, we still believe in a one-on-one (and/or small group) approach to confirmation in order to better cultivate personal relationships as well as focus on individualized teaching.
The first year's material focuses on the basics of Christian theology and faith. Instead of focusing specifically on the Small Catechism, we apply a more well-rounded and Bible-centric approach. In the second year, students dig deep into the gospel of Matthew. We use a strong curriculum that fosters spiritual growth, includes coursework and bible reading, and seeks to produce true, personal discipleship.
How to Get Started
- Print a copy of the Christ Church Confirmation Startup Packet. This includes a progress chart, a table of contents for the first full year’s material, an introduction with thoughts and ideas on how to best use your confirmation packet, and some opening questions along with a fun interactive project.
- Read through the packet and complete the assignments. It may take more than one sitting!
- When you have finished your first reading and homework assignments, please email email@example.com or call (262.243.3093) to set up an appointment with Laura Rosman, the youth director.
- During your first appointment, Laura will review the material that you’ve covered, look over your assignments, give you the next unit of material, and discuss what will need to be accomplished before your next meeting.
- To make future appointments go to www.meetme.so/Confirm
If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to contact Laura Rosman and I’ll be glad to help!
We look forward to joining you on this exciting journey!
In His name,
Christ Church Staff