To help guide your daily prayers, our Prayer Team leaders have put together these Daily Prayer Topics with items related to Christ Church ministries and events. Please help in supporting the Christ Church family through prayer.
October 2017 Daily Prayer Topics
30. “For no word from God will ever fail.” Luke 1:37 Lord, help us remember that and give us courage to follow through with what we know You want us to do. Thank You for the privilege; using us for other people and Kingdom expansion.
31. Pray for Jeff Phillips email@example.com and the participants of 4Him Men’s Group. Show through scripture and prayer how God wants to use their lives for Greater Things.
November 2017 Daily Prayer Topics
- Praise God for blessing Christ Church individuals and families to empower them to give of their resources generously to further God’s mission in our community. Help us to do greater things.
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 143:3 Pray for us to connect with people who are hurting and bring them into an empowering relationship with Christ. May they find support through Care Ministry and Celebrate Recovery.
- Pray for Christ Church Ladies to enjoy fellowship and relaxation together as sisters in Christ at the Potluck Dinner and Movie tonight. Contact link:mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “The LORD delights in those who fear Him who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Psalm 147:11 Help us to respond to God’s love by trusting in Him and praying about all things.
- Ask for God’s blessing on our Operation Christmas Child Packing Party. May we have enough items and volunteers to set up and fill all the shoeboxes which we ordered or were donated for children throughout the world to feel joy.
- “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.” Psalm 148:13 Praise God because He alone created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. He generously brings blessings into our lives and protects us from evil. Help us to be generous with what God has given us to bless others.
- “Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of his saints.” Psalm 149:1 Help us to praise the Lord wholeheartedly during the worship service and throughout the week.
- “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.” Psalm 150:6 Help us live so generously, honorably, joyfully, and lovingly that people ask how we do it. We can then tell them about Jesus so they too will praise the Lord.
- Pray for Carol Schenker and the participants of the Thursday Morning Women’s Group as they read and discuss Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst. If God is leading you here because you are available and interested contact Carol mailto:email@example.com
- “For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and their complacency will destroy them.” Proverbs 1:32 Help us to not be wayward or complacent, but to seek God’s guidance in all things to live fully.
- For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Proverbs 2:6 Help us to pour God’s Word into our lives that we may live with discretion and discernment.
- “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:3-4 Help us to be faithful to God and to be transformed by scripture and prayer to demonstrate kindness and caring to others.
- Pray for people who are part of Christ Church who are facing challenges to connect with our Care Ministry for support; and pray for our Care Ministers to listen reflectively and pray with and for the hurting person, sharing their burden.
- Lift up the Christ Church couples who are planning to get married to love and respect each other, pray together daily, and seek God’s will in all things that they may journey through life together supporting each other and enjoying all the blessings of marriage. May they develop guardrails to protect their relationship, to avoid temptation and strengthen loyalty.
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 Help us to live with confidence in the Lord for our future.
- Pray for God’s will to be done through those who are planning, discerning, thinking, and researching about the expansion of Christ Church for His glory! We pray that the Holy Spirit will impact each of us to follow His plan on the tiniest of details for this expansion. Praise God for the spiritual gifts and skills of the architects, staff, and Greater Things Teams.
- “Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.” Proverbs 3:27 Help us to be generous.
- “Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.” Proverbs 4:24 Pray to speak truth in love always conscious of Jesus in our midst.
- Bless and support the IMPACT groups meeting tonight. Pray they are filled with an attitude of caring. Give each one the opportunity to act on that attitude.
- Pray a blessing over each box that has been packed and leaves Christ Church this last day of Operation Christmas Child collection week. Pray the care which was given is received by those who have need. Pray Jesus and His care is revealed to everyone who comes in contact with this worldwide outreach opportunity.
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses...to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 Lift up the Prayer Team who continually pray the hard, bold prayers. Pray the Holy Spirit continues to lead this essential part of the Care Ministry . For information or to become a part of this ministry contact Trudy Zarling firstname.lastname@example.org
- Say a prayer for Crafters With A Cause. Give thanks for those caring, generous women who continually share their gifts with others. Making baptism banners, prayer shawls, and many other gifts with their hands of love. Contact Lois Kinsfogel 262.242.5092 for more information.
- THANKSGIVING. More than a day of family and food. Pray a prayer of Thanks over the blessings received. Pray a prayer of selfless Giving. Invite the Holy Spirit to guide in the direction of God’s greater things using Christ Church to expand not only in structure but with the care and resources to make a difference in the surrounding communities.
- "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 We offer this prayer of healing for our nation to You today Lord. Turn hearts, open eyes to one Creator God. In Jesus Name.
- Lift up the Group Bowling League this evening. Give the group health and good fellowship. Bless them as they commit to give all proceeds to Christ Church mission partners. (contact Patrick Peterka 262.227.0767 for more information)
- Pray safety and family fun over everyone participating in the Impact Family Turkey Bowl at noon today. Pray this will be a rewarding outreach opportunity for new participants.
- Pray a prayer of caring over the Women’s AA meeting. Pray anyone who needs the love and care of Jesus will encounter a divine intervention while here at Christ Church.
- “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves, Each one should test their own actions... for each one should carry their own load. Do not be deceived; God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” Galatians 6:2,3,4a,5,7 Let us examine ourselves today. If there is anything that is not in line with the Word and Spirit of God, remove it from our flesh. Humble us to Your will and direction. Help us to give and care with a right heart.
- Pray for the Woman’s Compass Group as they meet tonight. The Lord’s blessing over them as they continue to journey through the book of Genesis. To become a part of this journey or for more information contact Mary Jelich email@example.com.
- As we enter Advent, the blessed season of our Savior’s birth, pray for the lost and hopeless to find healing for their souls through the generosity, love and greater things at Christ Church and outreaches in the community. Pray for Help from the Holy Spirit to stay focused on our Kingdom purpose during this busy time. “But for you who revere My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays.” Malachi 4:2