To help guide your daily prayers, our Prayer Team leaders have put together these Daily Prayer Topics with items related to Christ Church ministries and events. Please help in supporting the Christ Church family through prayer.
September 2017 Daily Prayer Topics
- Pray for the small group conversations to grow people in faith, relationship, and generosity.
- "There on the poplars we hung our harps, for there our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, 'Sing us one of the songs of Zion'." Psalm 137:2-3 Help us be sensitive to and respect the feelings of others.
- Pray for Eli to receive the Holy Spirit as he is baptized today. Empower his parents Joe and Emily to teach him to know and serve the Lord; and may Eli always walk in God’s ways throughout his life.
- "When I called, You answered me; You made me bold and stouthearted." Psalm 138:3 Praise God for the courage He gives us when we need it.
- "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me, your love endures forever." Pray to accomplish our purpose for God.
- Pray for Christ Church Small Groups to expand and be filled with both experienced veterans and new people to build each other up in Christ.
- Ask for God’s presence for inspiration and understanding during the Christ Church Design Development Workshop 3 with our architect Uihlein Wilson today. May we fulfill God’s vision for
Christ Church at this time to be able to do greater things for the kingdom of God.
- "Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24 Help us to be open and honest before the Lord with the desire to change our ways to please Him.
- Pray for Christ Church people to mingle with members of the community enjoying Christian fellowship and family fun together, and that all may be inspired by the music of the Windy Hope Trio at Party in the Park today at Cedar Creek Park. May God bless us with good weather and the right amount of food for all who come to be satisfied and nothing be wasted.
- Lift up Kay Dries and the participants committed to going on the Mission Trip to Mexico as they meet this evening to prepare for their journey. May God bless them with divine appointments, protection, and good health throughout their journey.
- Pray for those engaged in Christ Church Small Groups to understand and embrace the ongoing value of the small group experience for support, growth in faith and understanding God’s Word.
- "I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy." Psalm 140:12 Help us to see the poor in our midst and advocate for the needy with a spirit of generosity.
- Praise God for Called by Name. May each member of our praise band experience joy in the Lord as they prepare for and lead worship. May everyone attending our worship services know God’s presence and love for them personally, and grow as His disciples.
- "Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the doors of my lips." Psalm 141:3 Help us to be respectful and bless others with our speech refraining from offensive language.
- "Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies." Psalm 141:4 Help us to discern what is evil and choose to walk in God’s way through meditating on the Bible, God’s handbook for living, and through prayer.
- Ask God’s blessing on the life of Justin Babcock who is receiving his Eagle Scout award today. May he continue to set goals and accomplish them serving God and country throughout his life.
- Pray over the Impact Kickoff tonight at 6:30pm. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Pray for a season of growth physically and spiritually for this youth ministry.
- "As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart." Proverbs 27:19 Pray nothing interferes with the time needed to reflect on changes God wants. Pray Christ Church becomes saturated with prayer.
- "...but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matt 24:13 Bless the Prayer Warriors who continue to stand firm in their daily prayers for others as they meet tonight at 6pm. Pray hearts are touched during this prayer sermon series for others to become a part of this Christ Church ministry. Contact Trudy Zarling email@example.com for more information.
- The JUMP Fall Kickoff and Family Night is tonight from 5-7pm. Pray for all involved in the preparations, the leaders and helpers. Pray it is a night that is warmly received by the children and their families. Pray for growth in numbers. Pray hearts are touched with a desire to become involved. (Contact Melissa Barnett 262.243.3093 for information)
- Pray a blessing over the Handbell Ringers as they rehearse this evening. (Patty Clemens 262.242.4173 for more information) As they raise their hands in worship; Pray the sweet sound of the bells is a sweet fragrance in the heavens.
- "For where two or three gather in my name there am I with them." Matthew 18:20 Pray the Women Of Purpose who are going on the Fort Wilderness Retreat this weekend will experience
Jesus’ presence in a deep, healing and loving way. Pray for safe travel and no distractions. For more information contact Michele Nash firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While we look inwardly, help us be honest, increase our faith and let us not be tempted to give up or give in to distractions. "Pray you will not fall into temptation." Luke 22:40
- Pray every person who comes to a service at Christ Church today receives exactly what they need to expand their prayer life. Pray God grants the determination to stay consistent to those who want this Spiritual growth.
- Lift up in prayer all of the ministries at Christ Church. Pray those who have found their Spiritual Gifts continue to grow in them. Pray those who do not yet know their gifts will have the desire to take the Spiritual Gifts Identifier and unwrap them. When we take the first step, we are met right where we are by a gracious, guiding Savior.
- "...There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. " 1 Corinthians 12:5,6
Bless all the volunteers, assistants and leaders. Pray they know how important their work is to Christ Church, those in the community and other countries. Pray the blessing of health and safety around them. Pray the love of Christ and His faithfulness over them.
- Lift up Dan Miske (email@example.com 414. 333.6224) and the Men’s Group who meet at Starbucks Wednesdays at 5:30am. Pray these men continue to seek God’s will. Pray they will be beacons of light as they navigate through life.
- "We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19 Pray we stay focused in our prayers and our faith.
- "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 1:1 Pray whatever activities are at Christ Church in this season will benefit others and give glory to our Creator.
- Pray for increase and a deeper prayer calling for the Saturday Men’s Group at 7:30am. Pray they continue desiring God through prayer in a mighty way. (For information contact David Lange 262.751.5479).