To help guide your daily prayers, our Prayer Team leaders have put together these Daily Prayer Topics with items related to Christ Church ministries and events. Please help in supporting the Christ Church family through prayer.
January 2018 Daily Prayer Topics
- Pray for God to empower the people of Christ Church to draw others into the kingdom of God through our peace and love. May we be sensitive to God's leading to share our story with people God puts into our lives to connect with Him.
- Lift up Kileigh Erickson and the Manila, Philippines Mission team for safety as they travel, for rest and good health, for the ability to share the love of Christ in the school, orphanage, church and on the streets of Manila; and grow as a team serving.
- Pray for God's guidance and provision to complete phase 2.0 of our expansion to add worship venues, meeting rooms, office space, storage, and restrooms to support future growth.
- Praise God for the success of Celebrate Recovery to support individuals who embrace God for their peace and strength instead of substances or unspiritual habits. Pray for the hurting click on: mailto:email@example.com.
- "The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity." Proverbs 11:3
Help us develop integrity by growing in Christ and value our integrity to not compromise it when challenged.
- "A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret." Proverbs 11:14 Pray to be trustworthy.
- Pray for children and parents to enjoy sleeping in and coming to Christ Church in their pajamas for Pajama Party Sunday in Adventure Camp. Pray for this relaxed, fun event to draw young families to Christ Church.
- "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Proverbs 12:18
Help us to monitor our words so they are a blessing, not create dissention, a burden of guilt, or embarrass an individual by talking about what should be kept to oneself about another person.
- Lift up our New Beginnings Meal Ministry. Pray for those who can prepare part of a meal or serve the meal to nourish at risk urban youth to contact Karin Hawley mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Pray for the success of this ministry to impact lives.
- Praise God for the awesome worship music at Christ Church. Lift up our Called by Name praise band who use their gifts to help us focus on the Lord. Pray for those with musical talent to contact Anna mailto:email@example.com
- "He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame." Proverbs 13:18 Help us to be teachable.
- Pray for the safety and success of the JUMP New Year's Party at JUMPing Country in Grafton. May our 3rd through 5th graders bring old friends, meet new friends, and develop Christ centered relationships for fellowship and support.
- Pray for women in our growing community to connect with each other at Women of Purpose. For monthly breakfast meetings and service opportunities contact Michelle Nash mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask for God's leading to bring attenders to the Next Steps Luncheon today to learn more about Christ Church, have questions answered, connect with a ministry using their spiritual gifts, and hear how to become a covenant member.
- Praise God for the new Women's Health & Wellness: Mind, Body, & Spirit group launching today with an Andy Stanley DVD series: Focus--to create breathing room in schedules, finances, and relationships. Contact Michelle Godden to explore this opportunity. mailto:email@example.com
- Pray for our Mission Support Team (Christ Church leadership) as they meet tonight to discern God's will and empower ministries at Christ Church, the missions we support, and make administrative decisions regarding the business including the expansion of Christ Church.
- Lift up the Domestic Missions Team meeting tonight. May God give them wisdom and discernment to answer His call to use our resources to serve the needy in our country.
- "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception." Proverbs 14:8
Help us to think things through seeking God's desire and not be deceived by our own cravings.
- "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." Proverbs 14:30 Help us to live with gratitude for what we have.
- Pray for the fifth through eighth graders who have committed to attend the Communion class today from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pray for focus, awareness and retention during the class and pray a blessing over them as they move forward to receive their First Communion on Sunday.
- "And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them saying, 'This my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.' In the same way, after the supper He took the cup, saying 'This cup is the new covenant in my blood which is poured out for you.'" Luke 22:19,20 Bless all the participants of this Sacrament on Communion Sunday.
- "Jesus answered...The wind blows wherever it pleases. You cannot tell where it comes from or where it is
going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." John 3:8 Pray the Holy Spirit continues to grow inside each believer.
- Pray for safe travel and anointing around the Impact youth serving at New Beginnings Are Possible from 3:30 to 7pm. Pray the light of Jesus shines through them as they serve. Contact Laura at 612.390.9091 for more information or to volunteer.
- Pray for Mary Jelich (for information 414.840.0779) and the women attending the Woman's Compass Group from 6:30 to 8:15 on Wednesdays. Give them revelation and a renewed passion as they travel through the book of Jeremiah.
- "See to it, brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God." Hebrews 3:12 Lord, we pray. Help our unbelief in any area of our walk with You. We trust You, Jesus.
- Say a prayer of thanksgiving for the young adult's 20-30s age Life Group who come together and fellowship in a Christ centered social environment. Bless Lisa and Ryan Smith as they continue to be the contact for this group. If you are interested or want more on this group which meets tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 pm contact Lisa or Ryan at 440.479.0733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lord, bless all the couples attending the Marriage Enrichment Seminar from 8:30 to noon. May they be richly blessed in their relationship with each other and carry what they receive into their daily lives. For information or to attend contact Lisa Koeppen 414.530.0816.
- Lift up the Life Group which meets at 10:45 on Sundays. Pray they continue to seek and serve as each one is called to God's purpose with Christ's love. Contact Patty at email@example.com 414.698.8802 for further information.
- "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7 Pray and give thanks.
- Pray for all who facilitate, serve, and participate in the Care and Community groups of Christ Church. Pray for grace, understanding, enlightenment and compassion. Pray each person is touched in some way that enriches their lives and furthers God's plan.
- Pray a blessing on all the Life groups of Christ Church as they continue doing Greater Things through Genius Generosity for others throughout the year.