Our leaders have prayed and looked hard at what we can accomplish on the land we have and have come to a clear determination that we cannot fulfill the total dream that God has laid out for us on these 20 acres alone.
God has answered their prayers for more land by opening up an opportunity for us to step boldly into acquiring the 5.64 acres of land that lie between our current property and I-43.
Acquiring this land will allow us to pursue the preliminary expansion plan shown below, should this be God’s Plan for the future of Christ Church.
A High Level Look:
- This is the second of three phases of the original Christ Church expansion plan. Through God’s grace, the first phase resulted in the magnificent building we enjoy today. The purchase of the additional 5.64 acres is for the purpose of future planning and expansion.
- God is providing this opportunity to grow Christ Church to meet the Church’s existing and future needs so we have a space that is appropriate for our mission.
- There is a need and desire to develop additional meeting, learning, and working spaces to accommodate our Core Ministries: Groups, Children's & Family Ministries, Youth & Family Ministries, and Music Ministries (including the Chorale), as well as space for additional staff, as needed.
- We have outgrown the children’s space and need to expand to remain functional for the many current attenders of Adventure Camp, but also to remain attractive to visiting families with young children who are looking for a worship home. It can be unattractive for visiting families to witness an overcrowded and disorganized environment and then be asked to leave their precious children in that space for learning and safekeeping.
- In our efforts to reach the de-churched and un-churched, we want the first impression to be one that is warm and inviting, comfortable and organized versus crowded (or over-crowded) and confusing. We need to alleviate the overcrowding at the 9:15 worship service.
A Look at Practical Timing:
- Christ church will be celebrating its 50 year anniversary in 2016. This is a great chance to celebrate God’s work here at Christ Church over the last half century and to look forward to a bright and growing future.
- Short-term and long-term financing costs remain low. This is an opportunity to take advantage of lower interest rates.
- The timing of the purchase is based on the land becoming available now. This opportunity may not be available in the future.
Further questions? Contact Keven Hayhurst, Executive Director: 262-243-3093 or email@example.com
Please Vote: Covenant Members Age 15+
Sunday, December 6
All morning in the Atrium
- Existing acreage: 20
- Proposed acreage: 5.64 acres
- Proposed purchase: 1.25 million
- Combined total acreage: 25.64
- Total proposed church property purchase value: 2.25 million